Divorce is a legal battle where in one enters either out of circumstances or his / her sheer will. Divorce battle can turn out to be a really dirty battle in the court of law but with the best Divorce Lawyers available with us, this battle can be win easily. Whether the Divorce is contested or non- contested (Mutual Divorce) it revolves around your personal life, and a wrong choice of lawyer would cost you loosing precious years of your life which will never come back. We at Expertily have handpicked best Divorce Lawyers to help you in winning this battle.
Frequently Asked Questions
What governs the Divorce law in India?
India being a land of multiple religions the Divorce law is also different for all the religions. Hindus (which includes Sikhs, Jains & Budhs) are governed by Hindu Marriage Act,1955. Christians are governed by Indian Divorce Act, 1869 & The Indian Christian Marriage Act,1872. Muslims are governed by Personnel laws of Divorce, Dissolution of Marriage Act,1939 & The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act,1986. Similarly, Parsis are governed by The Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act, 1936. There is also a secular law called Special Marriage Act,1954 which governs married people belonging to different religious communities.
When do I need a Divorce Lawyer?
There can be multiple circumstances when you will be in dire need of hiring a Divorce Lawyer, to name few following are the same :-
- When your spouse has served with you with a legal notice of Divorce
- When you have been asked to give your wife divorce by implicating you under section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence Act etc
- When you need to secure Maintenance from your husband under section 125 of C.R.P.C
- When a Divorce case has been filed against you on the grounds of desertion, impotency, adultery etc
These are few of the scenarios when you are suppose to hire the best Divorce Lawyer so as to save unnecessary harassment from your spouse & hiring a good Divorce lawyer would also save you unnecessary litigation and helps in you saving golden period of your life.
Why do I need a Divorce Lawyer?
You need a Divorce Lawyer for the following reasons :-
- To get the appropriate amount of maintenance U/s 125 Cr. P.C. from your spouse.
- To help you filing cases against your spouse under various sections of law to protect you from mental and physical harassment caused by him.
- To get the best possible advise whether it is about separation or child custody. The conclusion is that a Divorce Lawyer is must to fight the battle of divorce
Although there is no guarantee that the outcome will be favorable to you, it’s a good idea to hire a Divorce Lawyer who understands the way courts work. The aid of a lawyer will greatly increase your chances of winning the case.
How much do I need to pay to a Divorce Lawyer?
In India Divorce Lawyers either charge on flat fee basis i.e. a lump-sum amount which will be the total cost of fighting your case or hearing basis, wherein the lawyer charges you per hearing a fixed amount till the end of the case. The rates will vary depending on the severity of charges and complexity of the case, so be sure to negotiate up front and keep the finance term as clear as possible with your Lawyer.
Why should I hire Divorce Lawyer from Expertily?
- Specialised Lawyers - At Expertily we have shortlisted lawyers who are specifically dealing with Divorce cases. That gives them a little edge above other lawyers as they are Divorce Law Experts
- Personally Verified - We have verified each and every lawyer personally by visiting their office multiple times and have made sure that nothing goes wrong with your selection of lawyer